Five Afghan aid workers, who were kidnapped by Taliban militants, have been found dead after the provincial governor refused the proposed ransom trade.
The bodies of five kidnapped Afghan aid workers were discovered 39 days after their abduction by the Taliban in the central province of Uruzgan, a spokesman for provincial governor Dost Mohammad Nayab said.
The aid workers had been working for the Save the Children organisation.
“The Taliban had demanded the release of five of their people in exchange but the central governor did not let them free. So they shot these people and we found their dead bodies from Chanarto district on Friday,” Nayab said.