At least 23 people have been killed, after reportedly consuming contaminated sweets, in central Pakistan.
At least 23 people have died from eating contaminated sweets in central Pakistan, police say.
The deaths began last week after a man in Punjab province bought the treats to celebrate the birth of his son.
He and 11 other relatives are among the dead – in all 77 people were affected. Five remain in a serious condition.
Police have arrested two owners of a local sweetshop and one of their employees while the source of the contamination is investigated.
Officials suspect pesticide from a store next to the shop may accidentally have found its way into the laddoos – ball-shaped sweets popular at special occasions.