At least five people have been killed, and several more wounded, following a suicide bomb attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
Islamic State militants claimed responsibility for a suicide bomb attack on Wednesday near the Afghan Defence Ministry that killed at least five people.
A statement by the Afghan Interior Ministry reported several more people were wounded, while a Defence Ministry spokesman said at least one civilian and two members of the Afghan security forces were among the casualties, adding that the target appeared to be a police post near military headquarters.
Islamic State claimed responsibility in an online post.
A police officer at the scene told Reuters the attack appeared to have been carried out by a suicide bomber on foot. A Reuters witness reported seeing several damaged cars, with possible injuries to the occupants.
Last month, Islamic State fighters killed nearly 50 people when then stormed the main military hospital in Kabul.